Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury including: Cruise Ship, Slip&Fall, Trip&Fall, Motor Vehicle and Wrongful Death claims, Social Security Disability / S.S.I., Employment Discrimination / Labor Law and Credit Repair / Collections Law.
Coral Springs Workers Compensation
Workers’ Compensation is a benefit that is available to nearly all employees in Florida who suffer “an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment”.
Work related injuries typically include:
- Head, Neck, Back, Shoulder, and Knee claims
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome / Repetitive Trauma type injuries
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (R.S.D.)
- Heart Attacks and Strokes
- Occupational Diseases such as Asbestosis, Dermatitis and Hepatitis
- Disfigurement and Scarring
- Asthma or other Work Related Pulmonary Conditions
- Eye Injuries, Vision Problems and Hearing Loss
Evan is devoted to assisting his clients in working through this complicated area of the law. My law firm shall protect your rights through all phases of the claim process, from choosing your doctors, ensuring the timely processing of the lost wages, determining the value of the claim, assessing as to whether a trial shall be necessary and or procuring a lump sum settlement if it is in your best interests.
The issues that arise most often include:
- Whether you were an Employee or Independent Contractor at the time of the accident?
- Did the injury occur while you were on the job, traveling to and from it or were merely located on the employer’s premises?
- What Benefits are you entitled to : Lost Wages, Medical Treatment and or a Tax-Free Lump Sum Settlement?
- Choosing Physicians and Specialists in your area.
- What type of Vocational Re-Training, Education and Job Placement Assistance are available if you cannot return to your previous occupation?
- Are there any other Federal / State / Private programs that may impact the amount of your benefits, i.e. Pensions, Short / Long Term Disability Plans, Social Security Disability Benefits, Supplement Security Income, Unemployment Benefits, etc.
Personal Injury / Wrongful Death
The Law Offices of Evan M. Ostfeld, P.A. represents individuals and their families who have been seriously injured or killed as a result of the negligence, carelessness and or the recklessness of others. We handle a variety of serious and catastrophic personal injuries, wrongful death matters and Cruise Ship accident cases involving:
- Joint, Spinal Cord, Neck and Back Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Closed Head Injuries
- Seizure Disorders
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (R.S.D.)
- Brain Damage, Severe Burns and Amputations
- Other Severe, Permanent and Crippling Injuries
Moreover, here is a list of the type of cases that we traditionally handle:
- Cruise Ship, Boat and Watercraft Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Accidents
- Automobile Accidents
- Semi-Truck and Tractor Trailer Crashes
- Worksite Injuries
- Dog Bite Claims
- Construction Accidents
- Drug Reactions / Erroneously Filled Prescriptions Claims
- Negligent/Insufficient Security Matters
- Fires and Explosions
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
Personal injuries do not only cause physical pain. Often times, individuals and their families experience great emotional and financial hardship as evidenced by loss of work, costly medical bills and extreme stress. Frequently, we take our physical and mental health for granted until something goes horribly wrong. Evan wilfully assumes the responsibility for providing effective, yet aggressive investigation and representation, thereby allowing his injured clients to attend to more personal matters in the hopes of moving on with their lives.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Although motor vehicle accidents comprise a significant portion of our practice, they are not always simple to resolve. We understand not just the “rules of the road” and the special duties imposed on commercial and public carriers, but also the complex scientific and engineering principles often necessary to unravel just how an accident occurred. Evan handles accident cases involving: rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, alcohol related crashes, hit and run claims, driver, passenger, bicyclist and pedestrian injuries.
Whatever the practical or legal issues that arise out of a motor vehicle accident, our law firm is prepared to address them in order to meet and exceed client objectives and goals. Remember, Evan works for you!
Social Security Disability Law
Social Sercurity is a Federal benefits program that provides assistance to people with disabilities and who are unable to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months. Based on our experience and knowledge of the Social Security system, we can greatly improve your chances of receiving a favorable decision. An experienced attorney knows what proof is necessary to streamline the customary long decision process. Moreover, legal representation makes good sense since no attorney’s fees or costs are due and owing unless you win the case. In addition, the attorney’s fees and costs are merely deducted from your disability award.
Employment Discrimination / Labor Law
Employment law covers a complex variety of issues that controls how employers must treat their employees, former workers, and job applicants. We have significant experience interpreting and applying state and federal statutes and case law in areas involving:
- Unpaid Overtime and Wage Issue Disputes
- Employment Discrimination
- Affirmative Action
- Sexual Harassment
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliatory Practices
- Americans With Disabilities Act (A.D.A.)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (F.M.L.A.)
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Claims (E.E.O.C.)
- State and Federal Whistle Blower Protection Statutes
As an alternative to lengthy and costly litigation, we encourage the use and have utilized mediation to reduce the stress and anxiety to our clients in order to resolve these disputes as quickly as possible.
Credit Restoration and Fighting Unfair Collection Agency Practices
Protecting the rights of individual consumers against inaccuracies, for the attempted removal of errors, unverifiable outdated information, misrepresentations, invalid debts and abuses found in the consumer credit and debt fields. We also focus on protecting your credit from such issues as identify theft, fraud, mistakes and inaccurate reporting by Creditors and Credit Reporting Agencies under Federal and State laws. The successful deletion of this data may therefore improve an individual’s credit score which could enhance the ability for one to obtain a loan or a more favorable interest rate.